Real U Sexual Health and Relationships Programme
In 2019, a pilot of the Real U (Relationships explained and Life uncovered) will be rolled out. The Real U programme is a personal development and sex education programme aimed at equipping young people with the skills, knowledge and confidence to develop healthy relationships and delay early sexual activity.
Support For The Youth Of Limerick
The programme is for young people between 12-17 years of age. Each session will be age appropriate to suit the specific needs of the group. The programme includes six core sessions with a series of elective sessions that can be chosen depending on the age and needs of a specific group.
On completion of the core sessions participants will be able to:
- Recognise and develop strategies to cultivate positive relationships
- Develop and practice effective communication skills, in particular assertiveness
- Demonstrate increased awareness of their behaviour in relationships
- Understand the importance of respect with regards to a person’s sexual orientation
- Outline ways of maintaining positive emotional well-being.
- Understand how the male and female reproductive system works.
- Access relevant information available to them