Support For The Youth Of Limerick
The programme is for young people between 12-17 years of age. Each session will be age appropriate to suit the specific needs of the group. The programme includes six core sessions with a series of elective sessions that can be chosen depending on the age and needs of a specific group.
On completion of the core sessions participants will be able to:
- Recognise and develop strategies to cultivate positive relationships
- Develop and practice effective communication skills, in particular assertiveness
- Demonstrate increased awareness of their behaviour in relationships
- Understand the importance of respect with regards to a person’s sexual orientation
- Outline ways of maintaining positive emotional well-being.
- Understand how the male and female reproductive system works.
- Access relevant information available to them